Search This Blog

Sunday 2 December 2012

Pan-Fried Cabbage


A quick one from Tom today,

Whilst making a thai red curry, the internet (I have absolutely no clue where I found it) suggested this as a nice side for the meal. However, it was so freakin tasty I felt it deserved it's own post, and I will definitely be putting this on the side of many more things! This would also work well with white cabbage if you prefer (or a mixture), I'm not sure about savoy or chinese but I think they would be okay.

This makes enough for a small side for two

For the Pan-Fried Cabbage:

1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup of shredded Red Cabbage
2 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Soy Sauce (I used dark)
1 tbsp Saki (optional, I thought it added a nice flavour)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a frying pan.
Add the cabbage, garlic, saki, soy sauce and fry on a high heat for just a couple of minutes so all the liquid is gone and the cabbage is nicely coated but still crunchy.
Once off the heat, season as you like.
Enjoy!


Nutritional Information (calculated using myfitnesspal.com) -


                      Calories   Carbs     Fat     Protein     Sodium     Sugar
          Total:      201         13        14          2            625           5
Per Serving:       101           7         7           1            313           3




No comments:

Post a Comment